2008-06-24

Wowing the Weeds. Posted by Lily Berthold-Bond, Care2.com, June 23, 2008. "So last week my task in the garden [at work] was to pull weeds from between the cracks of the brick pathway... [The people I work for] told me that they would just spray... Now, at this point my mind was racing. Spray? Like, with herbicides? Like, with CHEMICALS? But that's not safe. That's not green. I don't do well with herbicides! I'm very sensitive!... But I did not have to fret long. Luckily, [they] don't like chemicals either. They shocked me by pulling out an organic weed killer that used clove oil as its main ingredient. Clove oil?!?! I had no idea that clove oil could be an effective weed killer... The weed and grass killer was called Burn Out, and the ingredients were simple: Clove oil, vinegar and lemon juice. And Burn Out did indeed pass the test. The weeds between the cracks were killed and have remained away. It does seem as though clove oil works! We're already telling everyone we know about this find [from Planet Natural garden supply]." Lily Berthold-Bond is a sophomore at Tufts University

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment