2010-01-10

Who is Daniel Lippman? By Brooke Gladstone, On The Media, NPR, January 1, 2010. "Countless reporters in D.C. are accustomed to seeing Daniel Lippman's name in their in-boxes. The Associated Press's Ron Fournier says Lippman's emails are filled with helpful and polite corrections. And Lippman, who is 19 years old, explains why he's become a rogue copy editor... Daniel Lippman: 'What I usually do is I get my schoolwork done and then I look for interesting articles in the papers that I read and the blogs and stuff like that. I only read articles that I'm interested in... I think my parents always encouraged my sisters and I -- or me to be informed citizens and not just apathetic. When... I read stories about Afghanistan and when I read stories about bombings there or Pakistan it makes me feel lucky to live in a country where... I don't have to worry that, that I'm going to get attacked. That just makes me appreciate how vibrant our democracy is, even though there are imperfections. You know, you can't make something perfect... When people say that the media is biased, I think that's a pretty weak argument. But when you have more accurate articles, then I think it makes it more legitimate so people can't take cheap potshots at the media.'" Daniel Lippman is invaluable to CCC on a daily basis as a source of many stories and as a proofreader.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment