2008-08-01

You Still Use a Car? How Quaint! By The Naib, TheSietch.org, July 24, 2008. "Three years ago, I opted out [of commuting to work by car]. Since then I've been commuting four miles to my Washington, D.C., office by bicycle just about every day, rain or shine, in an effort to help save the environment and myself along with it. Of course, there are obvious limitations... What about when you need to pick up groceries for a family of four?... [Cargo] bikes and a whole host of others in a similar vein) have been around for a long time. People in Europe have been using them for years. I don't even have a special bike and have been grocery shopping on bicycle for years now. The secret is to have a good backpack, and buy a little bit each day... [and] of course if you have one of these awesome cargo bikes, you can load as much as you can pedal... I find that using my bicycle as my main form of transport leads has saved me hundreds if not thousands of dollars, and not to brag but my calves have never looked better. If you are interested in getting started using a bicycle as your main mode of motion now is a great time. See here for some tips. Good luck, and happy cycling!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment